December 1st & 2nd, 2017
December 1st & 2nd, 2017
* Christmas Music from 5-8pm
* Carriage Rides 5pm-8pm- Registration Day of Only
* Tree Lighting Ceremony 6pm
* Festival Of Trees- Heritage Preservation Museum- 7pm
* Holly Bazaar @ St. John’s Episcopal Church- 10am-4pm
* Vendors with A Cause for Christmas @ 4th Street Community Center- 8am-3pm
* Strolling Carolers On Main Street 11am-5pm
* Strolling Elves with prizes on Main Street 12pm-5pm
* Carriage Rides starting @ The Farmer’s Market 12pm-4pm- Registration the Day of Only
* Story Time with Mrs. Wilson @ Edith Bolling Wilson Birthplace Museum- 1pm
* Pictures with Santa Claus @ The Farmer’s Market – 1pm-4pm
* Story Time with Mrs. Claus and Balloon Fun @ The Farmer’s Market 1pm-4pm
* Rock House Museum Open House- Christmas with the Haller’s- 3:30pm – 5:30 pm
* Ribbon Cutting of the New Downtown @ The Heritage Walk- 5:30pm
* “There’s No Place Like Home for Christmas” Parade- 6pm
Join us in Downtown Wytheville to ring in the Christmas season. Two days of Christmas cheer including a visit with Santa, Carriage rides, Tree lighting, the annual Christmas Parade and more, all leading up to “the big unwrapping”.
Downtown Wytheville has much to celebrate and we invite you to celebrate with us. The streetscape project is coming to a close and our Downtown is looking beautiful and vibrant.
On Friday, December 1, 2017 we will host the first annual “Tree Lighting” ceremony in Wither’s Park. The ceremony will be from 5pm-8pm with Christmas music, Carriage Rides, Hot cocoa and Cookies. Friday will also be the opening night of the “Festival of Trees” hosted by the Wythe Arts Council at the Heritage Museum on Spiller Street.
Saturday, the festivities will continue on Main Street with strolling Elves handing out candy and prizes. Along with community carolers spreading the Christmas spirit. Starting at 10am, St. John’s Episcopal Church will host their “Holly Bazaar.” And Edith Bolling Wilson Birthplace Museum will have a guest appearance from Mrs. Wilson as she reads “The Night Before Christmas” at 1pm. Then from 1-4pm stop by the Farmer’s Market to visit with Santa and listen to Mrs. Claus tell Christmas stories. Don’t forget to stop by the local merchants. Many have special events scheduled in their store. Including the Rock House Christmas Open House on Saturday from 3:30 to 5:30.
At 5:30pm the sidewalks will be packed with parade watchers. Mayor Trent Crewe and other members of Wytheville Town Council will present our new Downtown with a ribbon cutting on Main Street.